Library and Archives Canada – Halifax
Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21
1055 Marginal Road
Halifax NS B3H 4P7
- All floors of the museum are wheelchair accessible.
- Elevators show floor numbers in Braille.
- There are reserved parking spaces for wheelchair users.
- A wheelchair is available upon request, free of charge. It is available on-site on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Service animals are welcome.
Services at this location
- Orientation services
- In-person and remote reference and genealogy service
- Meeting with a reference specialist
Work station to access:
- LAC databases
- Genealogy databases
- Specialized subscriptions databases
Halifax does not hold any materials onsite.
How to find us
We are located in the Canadian Museum of Immigration at Pier 21. You don't have to pay the museum admission fee to access our office.
- Enter the main museum doors.
- Go down the hall and turn right before the museum’s ticket counter.
- Turn right to enter the Scotiabank Family History Centre.
- You'll find the reference desk in the room on the left.