About the bursary
Value of the bursary
Amounts are set according to student status for the 2023-2024 school year:
- Full-time students receive $5,000
- Part-timeFootnote 1 students receive $2,500
Recipients can get funding for up to 3 consecutive years. Provide your proof of enrollment and proof of tuition payment to our bursary coordinators at: email@example.com.
This also applies to recipients continuing their education - without interruption - in an eligible field of study.
We pay bursaries in 1 instalment. Submit your proof of tuition payment to confirm your registration for the 2023-2024 school year.
The selection of bursary recipients is a two-step process:
- Our bursary coordinators confirm you’ve submitted all required components and meet eligibility criteria.
- The selection committee will review your application. The committee will then make recommendations to the Librarian and Archivist of Canada.
The committee chair is our Diversity, Inclusion and Multiculturalism Champion for LAC. We may add external experts to the committee, based on a recommendation from the chair. The Funding decisions are final and not subject to review or appeal.
We recommend bursary applications for approval according to the following criteria:
- the compatibility of the applicant’s field of study and eligibility
- the quality, content and presentation of the application
The terms and conditions defined in the Conflict of Interest and Confidentiality Agreement apply to all committee members. Any member in real or potential conflict of interest with regard to the review process must disclose the conflict. We'll remove them and they won’t take part in the review of the application in question. For questions about applications or the review process, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.